The Wild Children outside, hair flying, untied and unkempt, too long even.
Climbing the tree with the ivy hanging down. Little one yelling and now crying.
Neighbors wondering -- then sighing. A yell of frustration and then muffled whining.
Isn't there school today? Yes, but this crew is feeling free and loose. Mother is
biding her time til the next door flung open-wide ends her quiet space inside.
Boys scheming, sister longing, wishing and resigning. Not big enough to stay
and play, moping whimpering - sent away.
Whose are these? the wild children belong to ease.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Here are a few ways we are setting out to accomplish this as a family:
1. Activities: Jiu Jitsu, Fighter Fight & Yoga for us grown ups. Spring Soccer, Basketball, Jiu Jitsu, Swimming, Open Gym (for the little one), Baseball for the children - these activities will see us through the end of the school year.
2. Nutritious Food: We are including more vegetarian meals into our menu. A variety of vegetables and fruit are always part of our kitchen fare but especially as produce becomes more abundant. I have been drinking more tea and less coffee for the antioxidants & to make sure I stay hydrated. We really don't buy much "junk food" our children none -the -less manage to enjoy quite a bit from everywhere else! I can't wait to start growing some of our food again when planting season comes around, that always helps with nutritious choices!
3. Hobbies: The kids are into models - cars, an engine etc., they are also into building things with tools and wood in the shop, baking is another favorite hobby. Lego kits occupy some time as well as gaming for the boys of course! (not my favorite) A new hobby we are just trying out is wood burning designs onto various wooden objects. These hobbies are specifically for the Winter, in the Spring we add in things like gardening, riding dirt bikes, mountain biking, hiking...
4. Ideas: Reading is the most common inspirational source in our home. A few favorites right now: Momma - How to Write a Sentence & How to Read One, 6th grade: One White Dolphin current, next The Hobbit & Captain Bluebear 4th Grade: Sign of the Beaver, The Long Winter 2nd Grade: Shel Silverstein, Preschool: Jamberry
Of course there are always new ideas online too, via blogs (new favorite Wonder Farm Patricia Zaballos) & pinterest and recipes. A new blog may be in the works, perhaps...
What are your healthful ideas for the new year? Isn't health at the front of all our minds as we start fresh!?
- I am a wife and mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls and 2 boys. Growing up I dreamed of life in a cottage in the country and little ones all around me. We have already achieved our dreams and more (not that everything is perfect ~ just good enough!), so now I'm working on finding my purpose! Thank you so much for your interest, I love to receive comments! Blessings, Olivia
at the sea shore (3) Being Thrifty (7) Books (2) Chickens (5) Cooking (8) Country Life (35) Creative Living (22) Family (43) Favorite Quotes (7) Friendship (4) Gardening (3) Generosity (4) Getting away (3) Holidays (8) Home Decor (9) Love (1) Lovely Books (1) Meet Our Family (3) ponderings (13) potager (5) Schooling (7) Simple Joys (5) Soaping (1) Spring (2) Thankfulness (14) Traditions (17) Winter (3)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (41)